: Austin Washington: Official Home
"George Washington would consider himself quite fortunate that one of his descendants was as creative and adventurous as Austin Washington."
- Jim Rees, Emeritus President, Mount Vernon
Curren Projects: Share Music ••••• Horace (coming soon)
"The best book ever written about the Father of Our Country."
Robert Williams, Rooftop Review
in PBS' 50-year history, "The Education of George Washington" episode of Between the Lines was only the second time PBS devoted an entire show to George Washington.
* * *
1) Award winning speaker Austin Washington has spoken (in speeches and through the media) to over 30 million people in many cultures and countries around the world.
2) Austin Washington has been called a "future world leader" by the BBC, "America's Prince William" by visitors to Mount Vernon, and a "worthy representative of a great family" by Moscow's Shalom Daily News.
3) Jim Rees, Emeritus President of Mount Vernon, said Austin is "the speaker I received the most compliments on in a series of talks [Austin] appeared in at Mount Vernon recently, leaving the audience educated, entertained, and even charmed."
4) Austin Washington is currently working with two Emmy winners on some new film and video projects, including one about music around the world.
5) Austin produced, directed, and acted in dozens of plays, some with a production company he co-founded. A loyal following developed, with a typical - if unusually memorable - comment being "Better than the Royal Court" (theatre, that is...)
6) Austin Washington has done groundbreaking research in colonial American history at Oxford University. Austin was then encouraged by Dr. Theodore Crackel, Emeritus Editor of the George Washington Papers Project at the University of Virginia, and Jim Rees, Mount Vernon's President, to combine his talents for writing and speaking to help bring the first new discovery about George Washington in 200 years to the world. He agreed, devoting several years to the project.
Austin Washington: The Greatest American, etc.
Austin's current project expands his mission, incoprorating his other love - music.
This is a pre-production video made, in essence, for fun, when figuring out what the Share Music show would be about. It's kind of random, but, then again, so is life...
Tamara Gverdtsiteli and pianist Yuri Rozum present Austin Washington with Humanitarian Award...etc (!)
More info here:
Austin has five books in the works, as well as a video series about music and culture around the world.
Free preview of his new book? Speaking info etc about George Washington? Collaborations? Music, TV? It's all here:
the most revolutionary book about
George Washington in 200 years
Austin Washington Wants to Meet You
Austin Washington has a passion for public speaking, and would like to come to your neck of the woods - church, school, community centre, Carnegie Hall - or tree house. You name it, he'll come if he can.
Sign up for that, or for any further information Austin might want to share about making the world a bit more "good and great".
Austin has to do a lot of media to launch his book, but after that, there's nothing he'd like to do more than meet you.
Award winning speaker Austin Washington has spoken to over 30 million people in many cultures and countries around the world in the past three years, live and through the media.